Physicians for Reproductive Health is working to create a world where comprehensive reproductive health services are an integral and respected part of mainstream medicine. In this world:
- All reproductive health services are supported and valued as essential to basic health care; contraception and safe, legal abortion are fundamental parts of the full range of reproductive health services;
- The goal of health care is to provide community and individual physical, mental, and social well-being, not merely the absence of disease or infirmity; and
- Public policy decisions regarding health care are based on principles of public health, gender equality and equity, justice, human rights and the public good, and should guarantee individual choice, respect for privacy and quality medical care for all.
As the national voice of pro-choice physicians, Physicians for Reproductive Health works to make quality reproductive health services an integral part of mainstream health care by:
- Building a national grassroots network of physicians who are committed to actively working for this goal and to supporting those who provide contraceptive and abortion services;
- Advocating for quality reproductive health policies, programs and basic research in medical schools and professional medical and public health organizations;
- Bringing medical and scientific expertise to public policy deliberations and to groups that address reproductive health and rights and other issues of concern to Physicians for Reproductive Health; and
- Promoting a positive image for clinicians who provide comprehensive reproductive health care services as people who play a critical role in enhancing the physical, mental, and social well-being of their patients.
The Board and staff work collaboratively to build a financially stable, growing organization focused on effectively advancing the organization’s vision, mission, and values.
Please note that Physicians for Reproductive Health is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, and all gifts are tax deductible to the fullest extent of the law.