We’re excited to watch and share your Voices of Courage story! Here are some tips for making a great home video with your phone or computer:
- If you’re using a smart phone, hold or position your phone horizontally.
- Film someplace quiet, without any ambient or background noise. (No people talking, no machine/equipment/car noise.)
- Make sure that if you’re not shooting from below your face—keep the camera lens at eye level.
- Don’t use your smart phone camera’s zoom. This will make the video pixelated.
- Make sure that your head and shoulders fill the screen, but also allow for space around them. Do a test shot if you need to.
- Natural light is better than ambient, particularly fluorescent light. If you can film outside (someplace quiet) or by a window, that’s better than filming in a room with only ceiling lights. If you’re making a video alone, face the lightsource. If someone is filming you, make sure their back is to the light.
- For iPhone users: Use the iPhone’s exposure lock. Otherwise, the iPhone will keep adjusting and refocusing, which will make the footage unusable.
- Submit your video to email@example.com. When you submit the video, please also send this this completed release form.
- You can also share your video on social media. On Facebook and Twitter, use the hashtag #VoicesofCourage
Not sure what to say or how to say it? We’re happy to help!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for suggestions on how to get started.