Physicians for Reproductive Health unites the medical community and concerned supporters. Together, we work to improve access to comprehensive reproductive health care, including contraception and abortion, especially to meet the health care needs of economically disadvantaged patients.
- We bring the physician’s distinctive voice to debates over reproductive health care
- We provide leadership and tools so that physicians can speak up and take action
- We use scientific expertise and our patients’ real-life experiences to influence legislation, medical practice, and public opinion
- We advocate for reproductive health as a core part of all medical curricula
- We train doctors to educate their colleagues and other health professionals on best practices in reproductive and sexual health care
- We offer the strength of our network to physicians all over the world
The Assistant Director, Institutional Giving is responsible for managing all strategies and efforts to acquire financial support from external granting agencies, private and public for annual support, programs and other special projects and campaigns; researching grant opportunities, managing grants planning activities, preparing proposals, writing reports to funders; and tracking and submitting all grants and required reports, consulting with Finance and program teams on grant budget development and reconciling with Finance. They will submit thorough and well-written requests and reports with all required back-up material, and meet all deadlines in a timely manner to ensure that the organization’s annual and long-term fundraising objectives and strategic goals are successfully met.
This is a full-time overtime exempt position with a starting salary of $70,000. This position will be under a remote model; a flexible combination of in-office and work-from-home days for candidates in the NYC metropolitan area, or in other states under a satellite model; a full-time remote environment.
We offer a full comprehensive compensation and benefits package, which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage mostly by the organization. Physicians also offers an HRA, 401k match, a remote-support stipend, and a generous paid time off policy.
Reports to: Senior Director, Engagement
Position Duties include:
Strategy and Planning:
- Works with staff to increase the organization’s institutional support portfolio
- Manages development and implementation of a comprehensive fundraising plan for institutional funders
- Manages development and implementation of institutional giving strategies
- Updates and upgrades current grant proposal templates
- Works closely with program staff to ensure the most up to date information is included in proposals and reports
- Collaborates with all divisions to generate new ideas for institutional support
- Serves as liaise between programs, finance and foundations on the development and modification of budgets for proposals and reports
- Works with finance to finalize budgets for grant applications and reports
- Works with Engagement Associate to prepare and submit proposal and report packages in a timely manner
- Continuously conducts research to diversify foundation support, and identify new opportunities to apply for general operating and programmatic support
- Develops generic proposal templates on key programs for unexpected funding opportunities and major donor support
- Works with Engagement Associate on the ongoing development of new letters of inquiry for program and general support, as well as on updating of materials needed for proposal packages
- Develops and implements stewardship strategies to increase engagement of institutional funders
- Collaborates with Physicians’ staff to ensure that proposal and report packages and stewardship materials are of high quality and are consistent with the organization’s overall mission and branding, and align with its strategic plan
- Assists in determining annual and long-term institutional giving goals
- Informs program staff of grant contractual obligations and needed follow up to ensure grant benchmarks and deadlines are met
- Coordinates the timing of grant reviews and foundation site visits with executive and program staff
- Works with Finance to monitor and reconcile grant income
- Maintains foundation tracking of grant and report deadlines
- Maintains and updates foundation files in Raiser’s Edge
- Prepares acknowledgement letters upon receipt of all grants
Other duties as assigned
- A minimum of 5-7 years of experience in writing foundation grants
- Excellent in writing and editing skills
- Demonstrated track record in securing and managing grants
- Highly proficient in foundation research strategies
- Proficient with Raiser’s Edge database
- Strategic and analytical
- Curious and inventive
- Strong interpersonal skills and flexibility
- Ability to work independently, collaboratively and remotely
- Ability to represent Physicians at external meetings and conferences
- Strong commitment to the reproductive health, rights and justice
To apply, please email your CV, cover letter, and salary requirements to email@example.com. Applications are reviewed until the position is filled. Please indicate “Assistant Director, Institutional Giving” in the subject line. No phone calls, please. HR will only contact successful candidates. Applications are reviewed until the position is filled.
Physicians for Reproductive Health is an equal opportunity employer, committed to attracting, developing, and retaining exceptional people. We welcome and encourage applicants for all positions respecting the full spectrum of education, experience, age, race, creed, color, national origin, sex, religion, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, ancestry, marital status, veteran status or other military status, legal alien status or citizenship status, genetic carrier status, genetic information, AIDS or AIDS-related complex or HIV status, being a victim of domestic violence, protected activity (i.e., filing a charge of discrimination, participating in a discrimination proceeding, or otherwise opposing prohibited discrimination), or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.