Physicians for Reproductive Health unites the medical community and concerned supporters. Together, we work to improve access to comprehensive reproductive health care, including contraception and abortion, especially to meet the health care needs of economically disadvantaged patients.
- We bring the physician’s distinctive voice to debates over reproductive health care
- We provide leadership and tools so that physicians can speak up and take action
- We use scientific expertise and our patients’ real-life experiences to influence legislation, medical practice, and public opinion
- We advocate for reproductive health as a core part of all medical curricula
- We train doctors to educate their colleagues and other health professionals on best practices in reproductive and sexual health care
- We offer the strength of our network to physicians all over the world
Physicians is looking for an experienced evaluator responsible for leading, designing, and implementing organization-wide evaluation efforts. The Evaluator analyzes and synthesizes data and creates and disseminates findings via audience-specific reports and presentations. This position is the in-house expert on current medical literature.
This is a part-time, overtime exempt position. The Evaluator will work 21hs per week, based on a set schedule. This position will be under a remote model; a flexible combination of in-office and work-from-home days for candidates in the NYC metropolitan area. This search is also open to candidates in other locations under a satellite model; a full-time remote environment.
We offer a full comprehensive compensation and benefits package, which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage paid 90% by the organization. Physicians also offers an HRA, 401k match, a remote-support stipend, life insurance, AD&D, STD, LTD, transit and parking benefits, FSA, and a generous paid time off policy.
Reports to: Director, Education, Research, and Training
Position Duties Include:
- Lead all organization-wide evaluation efforts
- Serve as liaison between external evaluators and consultants
- Present evaluation results strategically in internal and external venues
- Strategize, research, and implement best tools for evaluation, database management, and survey purposes
- Maintain and update subscriptions to all data analysis software programs and medical journals
- Database management of Physicians’ Leadership Training Academy and Rapid Response Network
- Research sustainable access to medical and research databases
- Author/coauthor scholarly articles as invited
- Represent the organization at medical and public health conferences, coalitions, and events
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 5 years quantitative and qualitative evaluation experience
- Extensive experience with designing and implementing program evaluation methodology
- Experience utilizing data analysis software (STATA, R, SPSS, Dedoose, or other relevant statistical analysis programs)
- Proficiency with online survey applications (Survey Monkey, Qualtrics, Redcap, QuestionPro)
- Experience with webinar and online meeting platforms (Adobe Connect a plus)
- Presentation and public speaking experience
- Ability to interpret and accurately summarize medical literature and research
- Highly skilled in use of computer systems, including Microsoft Office suite
- Proficiency in using a variety of research tools (PubMed, Abstrackr, EndNote, RefWorks)
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to handle and meet competing deadlines
- Creative/inventive thinker
- Ability to work independently, collaboratively, and efficiently with leaders with diverse personalities
- Comfortable with telework technologies
- Ability to travel as assigned
- Ability to represent Physicians at external meetings and conferences
- Strong commitment to reproductive health, rights, and justice
To apply, please email your CV, cover letter, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are reviewed until the position is filled. Please indicate “Evaluator” in the subject line. No phone calls, please. HR will only contact successful candidates. Applications are reviewed until the position is filled.
Physicians for Reproductive Health is an equal opportunity employer, committed to attracting, developing, and retaining exceptional people. We welcome and encourage applicants for all positions respecting the full spectrum of education, experience, age, race, creed, color, national origin, sex, religion, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, ancestry, marital status, veteran status or other military status, legal alien status or citizenship status, genetic carrier status, genetic information, AIDS or AIDS-related complex or HIV status, being a victim of domestic violence, protected activity (i.e., filing a charge of discrimination, participating in a discrimination proceeding, or otherwise opposing prohibited discrimination), or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.