About Physicians for Reproductive Health:
Physicians for Reproductive Health unites the medical community and concerned supporters. Together, we work to improve access to comprehensive reproductive health care, including contraception and abortion, especially to meet the health care needs of economically disadvantaged patients.
- We bring the physician’s distinctive voice to debates over reproductive health care.
- We provide leadership and tools so that physicians can speak up and take action.
- We use scientific expertise and our patients’ real-life experiences to influence legislation, medical practice, and public opinion.
- We advocate for reproductive health as a core part of all medical curricula.
- We train doctors to educate their colleagues and other health professionals on best practices in reproductive and sexual health care.
- We offer the strength of our network to physicians all over the world.
The Assistant Director, Digital Strategy is responsible for creating and executing digital strategies to identify and engage supporters, advocates, and media through digital campaigns including social media platforms, email alerts, and the organizational website. As part of the Voice and Engagement Division, this role will help translate, test, and track our brand, messaging, and issues to a digital audience.
This is a full-time, overtime exempt position with a starting salary of $70,000. This position will be under a remote model; a flexible combination of in-office and work-from-home days for candidates in the NYC metropolitan area, or in other states under a satellite model; a full-time remote environment.
We offer a full comprehensive compensation and benefits package, which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance covered almost 90% by the organization. Physicians also offers an HRA, 401k match, a remote-support stipend and a generous paid time off policy.
Reports to: Senior Director, Voice
Position Duties Include:
- Serve as the content manager of social media platforms and the organizational website, overseeing and executing daily maintenance and content creation.
- Collaborate with all divisions to develop integrated campaigns and ensure real-time awareness of news and emerging issues to mobilize and engage advocates and supporters.
- Ensure messaging on digital platforms is consistent with our voice and tone guidelines.
- Develop digital campaigns that humanize abortion providers and abortion care.
- Develop and test advocacy campaigns to engage the base of physician-advocates and general supporters.
- Manage projects that enhance and optimize the website.
- Serve as faculty for the Leadership Training Academy and other Physicians for Reproductive Health trainings, including developing and presenting trainings about social media best practices for advocacy.
- Work with the Leadership Training Academy physician-fellows and alumni to develop their social media advocacy presence.
- Maintain strong relationships with medical and reproductive rights, health, and justice coalition partners to partner on digital campaigns.
- Ensure that the organization is identifying and following national and local reporters on social media who write on our issues.
- With Voice and Policy staff, identify opportunities for rapid response and create content for media outreach on digital platforms.
Tracking and Analysis
- Track and compile digital, email, earned media, and social networking analytics.
- Understand and apply data analytics related to the campaign email list, website, and social channels to improve the effectiveness of digital campaigns.
- Direct staff towards executing digital goals by keeping up-to-date with trends in digital media.
- Highly skilled at managing issued-based digital campaigns.
- Competency in social media trends and best practices, including analytics trackers.
- Competency in content management systems, preferably with WordPress.
- Excellent writing skills including competency with copy-editing and proofreading.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Exceptional research and communication skills.
- Ability to develop, manage, and complete projects independently.
- Ability to multi-task and meet competing deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively with other staff, colleagues in the field, and physicians.
- Ability to travel as assigned.
- Ability to represent Physicians for Reproductive Health at external meetings and conferences and an ability to work with confidential and sensitive information.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize competing demands and respond quickly to staff and physician requests.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong commitment to reproductive health, rights, and justice.
To apply, please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are reviewed until the position is filled. Please indicate “Assistant Director, Digital Strategy” in the subject line. No phone calls, please. We will only contact successful candidates. Applications are reviewed until the position is filled.
Physicians for Reproductive Health is an equal opportunity employer, committed to attracting, developing, and retaining exceptional people. We welcome and encourage applicants for all positions respecting the full spectrum of education, experience, age, race, creed, color, national origin, sex, religion, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, ancestry, marital status, veteran status or other military status, legal alien status or citizenship status, genetic carrier status, genetic information, AIDS or AIDS-related complex or HIV status, being a victim of domestic violence, protected activity (i.e., filing a charge of discrimination, participating in a discrimination proceeding, or otherwise opposing prohibited discrimination), or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.