About Physicians for Reproductive Health:
Physicians for Reproductive Health (PRH), a network of doctors across the country, works to improve access to comprehensive reproductive health care. We do this by mobilizing and educating clinicians, speaking with the media, and advocating with our policy makers to achieve a vision of patient-centered health care that is safe, supported, and accessible.
- We bring the physician’s distinctive voice to discussions about and debates over reproductive health care, ensuring that the patients we serve are centered and prioritized
- We provide leadership and tools so that physicians can speak up and take action
- We use scientific expertise, medical evidence and lived and experience to influence legislation, medical practice, and public opinion
- We advocate for comprehensive reproductive health as a core part of all medical curricula
- We train doctors to educate their colleagues and other health professionals on best practices in reproductive and sexual health care
- We offer the strength of our network to physicians all over the world
- We ensure that an equity lens, including a racial justice focus, is applied to organizational operations, including internal processes and infrastructure
- We maintain a workplace culture that attracts, retains, and motivates a diverse staff, deepening and strengthening a culture of inclusion and equity within the team and across the entire organization
PRH seeks a Development Assistant who will be responsible for supporting PRH’s fundraising efforts. The Development Assistant will be a key member of the team who makes all the work of the fast-growing Engagement program possible. The right candidate for this role is energetic, organized, trustworthy, flexible, and dedicated. They will be an excellent communicator who is able to handle multiple competing priorities with ease and manage sensitive confidential information.
The Development Assistant updates donor information in PRH’s database, generates lists and reports, and reconciles all individual and foundation donations; coordinates logistics for fundraising events; processes accounts payable; and handles all fundraising-related administrative tasks including maintaining calendars and donor correspondence.
The Development Assistant will report to the Senior Director of Engagement and supports the work of the Engagement Team.
Position Duties to Include:
- Liaise with PRH’s caging company to ensure that all donations and pledges are entered into PRH’s CRM platform – EveryAction (EA) and acknowledged in a timely manner.
- Maintain integrity of EA to ensure data entry is standardized, accurate, and continuously updated.
- Produce monthly reports on donors and donation metrics.
- Work with the Assistant Director, Engagement to create segments lists in EA for direct mail solicitations and other cultivation events.
- Work with the Assistant Director, Engagement to manage PRH’s online giving and donor communication tools including: email campaigns, peer-to-peer fundraising, social media fundraising, and direct mail response plans.
- Support cultivation efforts by researching individual donors and prepare briefing materials as needed.
- Correspond directly with donors and Board members as needed about their giving commitments.
- Support logistics for annual Voices of Courage benefit and other fundraising and donor cultivation events.
- Work directly with Voice of Courage benefit committee to coordinate their contributions and outreach to their personal networks.
- Attend and provide logistical support at PRH events, outside of standard business hours.
- Report regularly to the team on RSVP and contribution tracking.
- Support the Assistant Director of Institutional Giving in gathering and submitting all relevant materials for grant proposals and reports.
- Support the Assistant Director in monitoring grant and reporting deadlines and updating the grants calendar.
- Work closely with PRH’s finance team and caging company to ensure all grants pledges are entered into EA and acknowledged in a timely manner.
- As time permits, assist in researching prospective institutional donors.
- Schedule meetings for senior staff with major donors and foundation officers.
- Maintain inventory of all fundraising and office materials.
- Proofread and copyedit as required.
- Other duties as required by the Senior Director, Engagement to support PRH’s fundraising efforts.
- 1-2 years of support experience in the development office of a non-profit organization.
- Strong writing skills including copyediting and proofreading.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Skilled at handling multiple priorities and deadlines a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to handle confidently information with discretion.
- Enjoys working both independently and collaboratively.
- Comfortable with telework technologies.
- Comfort working with CRM platform, direct experience with Every Action preferred.
- When safe, ability to travel 3-4 times per year to New York City and possibly other metropolitan areas for events and conferences as needed.
- Excellent verbal communications skills and the ability to represent PRH with donors and at external meetings and conferences.
- Strong commitment to the reproductive health rights, and justice.
Compensation and Benefits:
This is a full-time remote (work from home) position. The salary for this position is capped at $45,000.00. PRH offers extremely generous medical (including sponsored dependent and family plans), dental and vision insurance, along with 401K match, generous vacation and sick time policies, and paid parental leave.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “Development Assistant” in the subject line. No phone calls, please. HR will only contact successful candidates. Applications are reviewed until the position is filled.
Physicians for Reproductive Health is an equal opportunity employer, committed to attracting, developing, and retaining exceptional people. We welcome and encourage applicants for all positions respecting the full spectrum of education, experience, age, race, creed, color, national origin, sex, religion, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, ancestry, marital status, veteran status or other military status, legal alien status or citizenship status, genetic carrier status, genetic information, AIDS or AIDS-related complex or HIV status, being a victim of domestic violence, protected activity (i.e., filing a charge of discrimination, participating in a discrimination proceeding, or otherwise opposing prohibited discrimination), or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.