About Physicians for Reproductive Health
Physicians for Reproductive Health (PRH), a network of doctors across the country, works to improve access to comprehensive reproductive health care. We do this by mobilizing and educating clinicians, speaking with the media, and advocating with our policy makers to achieve a vision of person-centered health care that is safe, supported, and accessible. The current social and political climate will require that PRH remains steadfast in confronting attacks on access to reproductive health care and related progressive issues, yet nimble and creative in responding to those assaults.
- We bring the physician’s distinctive voice to discussions about and debates over reproductive health care, ensuring that the people we serve are centered and prioritized.
- We provide leadership and tools so that physicians can speak up and take action to advocate for the communities they care for.
- We use scientific expertise, medical evidence and lived experience to influence legislation, medical practice, and public opinion.
- We advocate for comprehensive reproductive health as a core part of all medical curricula.
- We train doctors to educate their colleagues and other health professionals on best practices in reproductive and sexual health care.
- We offer the strength of our network to physicians all over the world.
- We work to ensure that equity and justice is the foundation of our work, including a commitment to racial justice and it is applied to organizational operations, including internal processes and infrastructure.
- We maintain a workplace culture that attracts, retains, and motivates a diverse staff, deepening and strengthening a culture of inclusion and equity within the team and across the entire organization.
To learn more about PRH, please visit us on the web at www.prh.org.
The Digital Strategist will forward PRH’s mission by amplifying the voice and influence of its network of physician advocates at the national, state, and local levels. The Digital Strategist will create and execute digital strategies to identify and engage supporters, advocates, and media through campaigns including social media platforms, email alerts, and the organizational website. As part of the Voice and Engagement Division, this role will help translate, test, and track our brand, messaging, and issues to a digital audience. This is a full-time overtime exempt position. This position will be fully remote, and open to candidates within the United States.
Reports to: Assistant Director, Voice
Position Duties Include:
Communications, development, and storytelling
- Translates PRH’s fact-based messaging into a digital strategy that is designed to influence, engage, and motivate change.
- Serve as the content manager of social media platforms and the organizational website, overseeing and executing daily maintenance and content creation.
- Collaborate with all divisions to develop integrated campaigns and ensure real-time awareness of news and emerging issues to mobilize and engage advocates and supporters.
- Provide creative and timely coverage of events our community is participating in including live-tweets of hearings, covering rallies, and responding to breaking news moments.
- Elevates PRH’s voice and leadership in the reproductive health, rights, and justice movement.
- Responds to the ways PRH can support coalition efforts to raise awareness on digital platforms including tweetstorms, adding to toolkits for digital days of action, and participation in coalition spaces focused on digital strategy.
- Regularly explores new technology options to find new and innovative ways to reach and engage our network and supporters.
- Ensures messaging on digital platforms is consistent with our voice and tone guidelines. Works with the Engagement Team to retain and increase our base (including supporters, donors, & physicians).
- Manage projects that enhance and optimize the website.
- Serve as faculty for the Leadership Training Academy (LTA) and other internal and external PRH trainings, including developing and presenting trainings about social media best practices for advocacy.
- Work with the LTA physician-fellows and alumni to develop their social media advocacy presence. Lift up members of the LTA community across platforms.
Media relations and support to all PRH programs
- Ensure that the organization is identifying and following national and local reporters on social media who write on our issues.
- With Voice and Policy staff, identify opportunities for rapid response and create content for media outreach on digital platforms.
Tracking and Analysis
- Tracks, measures, analyzes, and optimizes to continually improve the usability, content, engagement, and effectiveness of digital communications including newsletters, blogs, email appeals, advocacy alerts, social media, and website.
- Track and compile digital, email, earned media, and social networking analytics.
- Understand and apply data analytics related to the campaign email list, website, and social channels to improve the effectiveness of digital campaigns.
- Direct staff towards executing digital goals by keeping up-to-date with trends in digital media.
- 2-4 years with strong digital strategist experience.
- Skilled at managing issued-based digital campaigns.
- Competency in social media trends and best practices, including analytics trackers.
- Competency in content management systems, preferably with WordPress.
- Experience creating basic visuals for social media using tools like Illustrator, Photoshop, or Canva.
- Excellent writing skills including competency with copy-editing and proofreading.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Exceptional research and communication skills.
- Ability to develop, manage, and complete projects independently.
- Ability to communicate effectively with other staff, colleagues in the field, and physicians.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize competing demands and respond quickly to staff and physician requests.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong commitment to reproductive health, rights, and justice.
Compensation and Benefits:
This is a full-time overtime exempt position, with a starting salary of $70,000.00. PRH offers a remote working environment with a flexible 35-hour work week. Additionally, PRH offers medical (including sponsored dependent and family plans), dental and vision insurance, generous vacation, sick, and holiday policies, 401k retirement plan with company matching contributions, and parental leave benefits.
To apply, please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com. Applications are reviewed until the position is filled. Please indicate “Digital Strategist” in the subject line. No phone calls, please. HR will only contact successful candidates. Applications are reviewed until the position is filled.
Physicians for Reproductive Health is an equal opportunity employer, committed to attracting, developing, and retaining exceptional people. We welcome and safeguard applicants and employees from discrimination for all positions on the full spectrum of education, experience, age, race, creed, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, gender expression, ancestry, marital status, parental status, veteran status or other military status, citizenship status, genetic carrier status, genetic information, or other non-merit based factors and characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.