The message we’re hearing from our supporters is loud and clear: you’re ready to take action! Physicians for Reproductive Health will keep you up-to-date with opportunities to tell your elected officials to stand up for your rights, plus we’ll share ways you can stay involved for the long haul.
Take Action Today
- Tell Congress to save the ACA! The Affordable Care Act (ACA) has improved access to quality health care for millions of Americans by ensuring coverage for a wide range of essential health care services, and has been immensely beneficial for women’s health by prohibiting the denial of coverage based on pre-existing conditions and by barring gender discrimination in the cost of insurance premiums. Let you members of Congress know that the Affordable Care Act matters to you.
- Stand with Planned Parenthood Every year, 2.5 million people rely on Planned Parenthood clinics for their health care. Defunding Planned Parenthood would hurt millions of women and undermine health care access in communities across the country. Tell your members of Congress to ensure that Planned Parenthood can continue to provide the care that is fundamental to women’s health and well-being.
Ongoing Ways You Can Make a Difference
- Connect with your elected officials. Find out who represents you in the Senate, House of Representatives, and at the state and local levels. Sign up for their newsletters so that you know when to show up at their town hall meetings and other public events near you. Visit your elected officials’ local offices to meet with them or their staff. Add their office phone numbers to your contacts, so that you’re ready to call them when an important issue comes up. Let them know that reproductive health is important to you, and ask them what they’re doing to protect your rights.
- Share your #VoicesOfCourage. Your story matters not only to us, but to the countless women who share your same struggles and triumphs on the path to accessing comprehensive reproductive health care. Submit your story here. Help us elevate why our new administration needs to increase accessibility to the full spectrum of care, not add additional restrictions.
- Are you a health care provider? Sign the I Will Provide: Pledge to Advocate. Add your name to the hundreds of other providers who vow to take a stand against the attacks on reproductive health care from the new administration. Encourage your colleagues to also sign!
- Register to vote. It’s clear that elections matter! We all need to show up and make our voices heard in the voting booth – and not just once every four years. Make sure your voter registration is up to date (and tell your friends and family to do the same) so that you can exercise your right to vote in your next local, state, or national election.
- Give. Physicians for Reproductive Health will keep fighting to ensure that physicians can use their voices to advocate for patients’ rights and can safely provide compassionate, evidence-based comprehensive reproductive health care. Your support will help Physicians for Reproductive Health recruit, train, and mobilize doctor advocates to defend reproductive health over the next four years and beyond.