Last Updated: December 2, 2021
Physicians for Reproductive Health is a non-profit, charitable organization (“PRH” or “we” “our” “us”) committed to protecting the privacy of visitors to our website and the community that we serve.
PRH organizes, mobilizes, and amplifies the voices of medical providers to advance sexual and reproductive health, rights, and justice. Our programs combine education, advocacy, and strategic communications to ensure access to abortion care and equitable, comprehensive health care. We believe that this work is necessary for all people to live freely, with dignity, safety, and security.
Although anyone may browse our website, anyone under the age of 16 is not authorized to provide us with any of their personal information for any reason without consent from their parent or guardian. If you are the parent or guardian of a person under 16 years of age and believe that they have disclosed personally identifiable information to us, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Information We Collect
- How We Use Your Information
- SMS messaging terms and conditions
- How We Share Your Information
- Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
- Security of Personal Information
- Links to Other Sites
- Children’s Privacy
- Contact Information
Information We Collect
The information we collect from you is used to identify you and may include name and email address and, if you choose to share with us, any or all of your physical address, zip code and phone number (“personal information”). If you contact PRH, PRH may keep a record of that session or correspondence, including a record of your e-mail address. PRH may also occasionally ask you to complete surveys for research purposes, but only if you choose to participate.
We may also collect this additional information to the extent you consent to provide it:
- Demographics, such as age and other characteristics you provide to us.
- Interaction data, such as your preferences for receiving communications about our activities, events, and publications, and details about how you engage with our communications.
All donations are managed through a third party service provider. We do not collect or receive any financial information, other than your contact information and the dollar amount donated.
How We Use Your Information
PRH uses the information we collect about you for the following purposes:
- To contact you with information about opportunities, events, fundraisers, news, or political campaigns consistent with our mission.
- To support and enhance our services.
- To solicit donations.
- Information collected through your usage of our site will not be identifiable to you and may be used to: (a) determine the nature and extent of repeat usage of our site; and (b) measure certain traffic patterns to understand how users’ habits are similar or different from one another, so that PRH may improve our site.
- To comply with applicable laws and legally-required reporting requirements, or as we deem necessary for your health and safety or the health and safety of others.
- For other purposes described to you at the time we collect the information.
In addition, if you consent, we may use your information to contact you through mobile text messaging. If we do, then these SMS messaging terms and conditions apply:
There is no fee from PRH to receive text messages. Message and data rates may apply- this can be checked with your mobile service provider. Charges are billed and payable to your mobile service provider or deducted from your prepaid account.
Data obtained from you in connection with this SMS service may include your mobile phone number, your carrier’s name and the date, time and content of your messages. We may use this information to contact you and provide the services and information you request from us. Alerts sent via SMS may not be delivered if the mobile phone is not in range of a transmission site, or if sufficient network capacity is not available at a particular time. Even within a coverage area, factors beyond the control of the wireless operator may interfere with message delivery, including the customer’s equipment, terrain, proximity to buildings, foliage, and weather. Wireless operators do not guarantee message delivery and will not be held liable for delayed or undelivered messages.
We will not be liable for any delays in the receipt of any SMS message as delivery is subject to effective transmission from your network operator.
By subscribing to PRH alerts, you consent to receive automated text messages relating to our mission, including recurring messages. Message & data rates may apply.
How We Share Your Information
Except as provided in this policy or in accordance with your express consent, we do not sell or share your information with others. If you disclose to us that you are a physician, we will never share your personal information unless you specifically request in writing that we share your information and only for the purpose that you specify. For others, we may share your information with third parties as described below or as described to you at the time of collection:
- We may share your contact information with other non-profit organizations that have missions that are consistent with ours so that they may contact you regarding their services and activities and to alert you to fundraising opportunities.
- We may share information about donors with other non-profit organizations that have missions that are consistent with ours, or other charitable organizations or donor list providers in furtherance of our fundraising objectives. If you prefer not to have your information shared in this manner, you may opt-out at the time of making your donation or email us at any time at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We may share information collected from or about you with third parties if you explicitly request it or consent to it, or if we believe that we are required by law, or to protect your health and safety or the health and safety of others.
- We may share anonymized demographic information with other organizations, in our reports, or for promotional purposes.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
You always have a right to:
- Review the personal information that PRH has collected about you;
- Request information about how your specific personal information is being used;
- Correct or update any incorrect personal information; and
- Request that your personal information be erased.
Security of Personal Information
We have implemented commercially reasonable precautions to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction, in accordance with industry practice and applicable laws. Please be aware that no data security measures can guarantee 100% security. While we strive to protect information transmitted to or collected by us, we cannot and do not guarantee the security of any information.
Links to Other Sites
We have worked to develop our site to meet the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act.
If you are the parent or guardian of a child under 13 and believe your child is providing any information to us through the site, please contact us at email@example.com. Upon request, the parent or guardian of a child under 13 may review and request the deletion of such child’s personally identifiable information, as well as refuse to permit the further collection or use of such information. If we discover that a user is under the age of 13, we will delete their account and all personally identifiable information immediately.
If you have questions or concerns regarding this statement, please contact us at:
Physicians for Reproductive Health
PO Box 35
Hartsdale, NY 10530-0035
Attn: Senior Director for Engagement