About Physicians for Reproductive Health:
Physicians for Reproductive Health (PRH) unites the medical community and concerned supporters. Together, we work to improve access to comprehensive reproductive health care, including contraception and abortion to meet the health care needs of all people.
• We bring the physician’s distinctive voice to debates over reproductive health care.
• We provide leadership and tools so that physicians can speak up and take action.
• We use scientific expertise and our doctors’ real-life experiences to influence legislation, medical practice, and public opinion.
• We advocate for reproductive health as a core part of all medical curricula.
The current social and political climate will require that PRH remains steadfast in confronting attacks on access to reproductive health care and related progressive issues, yet nimble and creative in responding to those assaults.
The Senior Director, Engagement is responsible for developing, diversifying and implementing the strategic fundraising direction of the organization to increase financial support and organizational awareness in line with the organization’s overall strategy and goals. The Senior Director will manage and partner with a number of key stakeholders, including the President & CEO, the Engagement staff, various Engagement consultants, and the Board of Directors’ Fund Development Committee, to steward all aspects of development and fundraising. The Senior Director will be responsible for growing the organization’s major giving program, oversight of the Annual Fund and other fundraising campaigns, stewarding and soliciting individual and institutional support. The position also involves departmental administration, planning, budgeting, forecasting, and evaluation of all fundraising strategies and campaigns.
The Senior Director will report to the President & CEO and will supervise the internal Engagement team along with dedicated independent contractors supporting the organization’s fundraising program. The position also serves as the staff liaison to the Board of Directors’ Fund Development Committee.
Reports to: President & CEO
While no candidate can possibly embody all of these qualities, the successful candidate will bring many of the following qualifications and attributes to bear:
Development Planning and Implementation:
- Develop fundraising growth strategies to meet the organization’s overall resource needs;
- Oversee Engagement staff and consultants in executing fundraising campaigns, including the annual Voices of Courage Benefit, major donor outreach, Annual Fund solicitation, and Board of Directors engagement;
- Collaborate with key departmental partners to broaden supporter engagement.
- Develop and execute a Major Gifts outreach strategy (in collaboration with the Major Gifts Consultant or designee);
- Expand and enhance strategy for the newly-developed President’s Council major giving program;
- Manage a portfolio of major donors including cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship throughout the year;
- Support the President & CEO and the Board of Directors with major donor outreach;
- Work closely with Voices of Courage Benefit Co-Chairs to recruit and engage high-net-worth individuals (Benefit Committee members, celebrities, and other guests).
- Work with the Board of Directors to develop a culture of philanthropy within the Board of Directors to support the organization’s development efforts;
- Update and inform the Board of Directors on development plans and campaign results;
- Work closely with the Board’s Fund Development Committee to encourage member giving and outreach to potential donors.
- Supervise, inspire, mentor, and guide the Engagement staff instilling in others, commitment to PRH’s mission and practices;
- Ensure development of creative and effective appeals (direct mail, acquisition, and e-appeals), events, and stewardship of individual donors;
- Collaborate with program and policy staff to identify new opportunities for fundraising;
- Work closely with staff across divisions to understand priorities for program outcomes and activities, and develop and execute funding strategies to support them;
- Support and prepare program staff to meet with individual and institutional donors to discuss programs and activities;
- Create transparent systems for staff across the organization to understand the status of program funding organizational strategies for financial sustainability;
- Ensure strategies to identify, cultivate and maintain current and build new relationships with foundations (in collaboration with the grants management consultant);
- Create, monitor, and evaluate departmental plans, budgets, revenue projections, and supervise the generation of reports;
- Engage in other tasks as determined by the President & CEO
- Minimum of 10 years senior leadership in development and fundraising with at least five years of experience for organizations with budgets in excess of $3 million or at least three years at the senior and/or management level preferred;
- Demonstrated experience having expanded and cultivated existing donor relationships over time; experience in individual, major donor, foundation, corporate and government fundraising, with deep expertise in at least two areas;
- Ability to plan, launch and manage complex fundraising campaigns and special events;
- Excellence in stewarding high-level funder (foundation and high-net-worth individuals) relationships;
- Experience making significant high-level asks;
- Ability to forecast and track revenue;
- Strong organizational and managerial skills;
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communications skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to handle competing deadlines;
- Creative/inventive thinker;
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively;
- Comfortable and proficient with telework and donor management technologies, including EveryAction, Zoom, WealthEngine, preferably;
- Ability to represent PRH at external meetings and conferences;
- Strong commitment to reproductive health, rights, and justice;
- Travel when necessary – for donor events (when the pandemic allows for safe travel)
Compensation and Benefits:
This is a full-time overtime-exempt position. This position will be under a remote model; a flexible combination of in-office and work-from-home days for candidates. This search is open to candidates across the nation. The ideal candidate should have experience with donors on the east coast and/or west coast, but open to a national locale. The salary will be commensurate with experience. PRH offers extremely generous medical (including sponsored dependent and family plans), dental and vision insurance, along with 401K match, generous vacation and sick time policies, and paid parental leave. The salary range is $115,000 to $125,000.
Please email your CV, cover letter, and salary requirements to email@example.com. Please indicate “Senior Director, Engagement” in the subject line. No phone calls, please. HR will only contact successful candidates. Applications are reviewed until the position is filled.
Physicians for Reproductive Health is an equal opportunity employer, committed to attracting, developing, and retaining exceptional people. We welcome and encourage applicants for all positions respecting the full spectrum of education, experience, age, race, creed, color, national origin, sex, religion, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, ancestry, marital status, veteran status or other military status, or citizenship status, genetic carrier status, genetic information, AIDS or AIDS-related complex or HIV status, being a victim of domestic violence, protected activity (i.e., filing a charge of discrimination, participating in a discrimination proceeding, or otherwise opposing prohibited discrimination), or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.