Who we are:
Physicians for Reproductive Health (PRH), a network of doctors across the country, works to improve access to comprehensive reproductive health care. We do this by mobilizing and educating clinicians, speaking with the media, and advocating with our policymakers to achieve a vision of person-centered health care that is safe, supported, and accessible. The current social and political climate requires that PRH remains steadfast in confronting attacks on access to reproductive health care and related progressive issues, yet nimble and creative in responding to those assaults.
- We bring the physician’s distinctive voice to discussions about and debates over reproductive health care, ensuring that the people we serve are centered and prioritized.
- We provide leadership and tools so that physicians can speak up and take action to advocate for the communities they care for.
- We use scientific expertise, medical evidence and lived experience to influence legislation, medical practice, and public opinion.
- We advocate for comprehensive reproductive health as a core part of all medical curricula.
- We train doctors to educate their colleagues and other health professionals on best practices in reproductive and sexual health care.
- We offer the strength of our network to physicians all over the world.
- We work to ensure that equity and justice is the foundation of our work, including a commitment to racial justice and it is applied to organizational operations, including internal processes and infrastructure.
- We maintain a workplace culture that attracts, retains, and motivates a diverse staff, deepening and strengthening a culture of inclusion and equity within the team and across the entire organization.
How you’ll contribute:
The Operations and Administration Specialist, in consultation with the CEO, Executive Assistant, and Chief of Staff, is responsible for coordinating and supporting basic operations, administrative, information technology (IT), finance and human resources functions on behalf of PRH. The Operations and Administration Specialist oversees operational, administrative, IT systems, and HR administration necessary for effective operation of PRH. They will play a key role in monitoring internal systems and organizational infrastructure and processes to meet the changing internal and external requirements of the organization.
The Operations and Administration Specialist will report to the Chief of Staff.
Operations and Administration:
- Monitor the organization’s infrastructural operational and administrative requirements.
- Support systems, processes, policies, and procedures to improve the organization’s workflow.
- Manage the organization’s insurance policies and other policies to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Support PRH participation in conferences and events through managing an ongoing inventory of marketing and outreach materials.
- Plan events and initiatives such as staff retreats, team building activities, and brownbag lunches.
- Manage invoices with Executive Assistantto the CEO.
- Work collaboratively with program staff on shared projects and committees.
- Develop and manage vendor contract processes.
- Work with outside vendors including consultants for Information Technology, Finance, and Human Resources.
- Assess and decide on risk management on behalf of the organization by participating in third-party-risk-management programs.
- Coordinate and support basic HR functions with HR consultants when necessary.
- Manage invoices with Executive Assistant to the CEO.
- Coordinate long-term budgetary planning and cost management of information technology (IT) projects.
- Support the selection and implementation of IT strategy and new technologies.
- Act as the technology ambassador and advocate representing leadership and across the organization.
- Work with third-party vendors to assign and authorize work with consultants for IT, Finance, and Human Resources.
- Maintain accountability and authority for the organization’s regulatory, legal, IT and operational compliance.
What you’ll bring:
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to manage and complete projects independently.
- Ability to multi-task and meet competing deadlines.
- Communicate effectively with other staff and colleagues.
- Experience with IT systems and support preferred.
- Advanced use of MS Office.
- Discretion in handling confidential and sensitive information.
- Composure under pressure and ability to prioritize competing demands and respond in a timely manner to requests.
- Ability to travel occasionally.
- Strong commitment to reproductive health, rights, and justice.
What you’ll experience:
PRH’s model for organizational operations, including internal processes and infrastructure are deeply grounded in equity, including a focus on racial and gender justice. We maintain a workplace culture that attracts, retains, and motivates a diverse staff, deepening and strengthening a culture of equity and inclusion within the team and across the organization.
PRH offers a remote working environment with a flexible 35-hour work week. Additionally, PRH offers medical (including sponsored dependent and family plans) dental and vision insurance, generous vacation, sick, and holiday policies, 401k retirement plan with company matching contributions up to 3%, and parental leave benefits.
The salary range for this position is $54,400 to $65,200.
To apply, please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com. Applications are reviewed until the position is filled. Please indicate Operations and Administration Specialist in the subject line. No phone calls, please. HR will only contact successful candidates. Applications are reviewed until the position is filled.
Physicians for Reproductive Health is an equal opportunity employer, committed to attracting, developing, and retaining exceptional people. We welcome and safeguard applicants and employees from discrimination for all positions on the full spectrum of education, experience, age, race, creed, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, gender expression, ancestry, marital status, parental status, veteran status or other military status, citizenship status, genetic carrier status, genetic information, or other non-merit based factors and characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.