Physicians for Reproductive Health (PRH), a network of doctors across the country, works to improve access to comprehensive reproductive health care. We do this by mobilizing and educating clinicians, speaking with the media, and advocating with our policy makers to achieve a vision of person-centered health care that is safe, supported, and accessible. The current social and political climate requires that PRH remains steadfast in confronting attacks on access to reproductive health care and related progressive issues, yet nimble and creative in responding to those assaults.
- We bring the physician’s distinctive voice to discussions about and debates over reproductive health care, ensuring that the people we serve are centered and prioritized.
- We provide leadership and tools so that physicians can speak up and take action to advocate for the communities they care for.
- We use scientific expertise, medical evidence and lived experience to influence legislation, medical practice, and public opinion.
- We advocate for comprehensive reproductive health as a core part of all medical curricula.
- We train doctors to educate their colleagues and other health professionals on best practices in reproductive and sexual health care.
- We offer the strength of our network to physicians all over the world.
- We work to ensure that equity and justice is the foundation of our work, including a commitment to racial justice and it is applied to organizational operations, including internal processes and infrastructure.
- We maintain a workplace culture that attracts, retains, and motivates a diverse staff, deepening and strengthening a culture of inclusion and equity within the team and across the entire organization.
The Web Manager will make PRH’s mission and work accessible to the public and supporters by overseeing PRH’s public facing brand via prh.org. This is accomplished by updating, maintaining, and revamping our website, prh.org. The Web Manager will respond to the real time needs of PRH’s organizational work, highlighting press hits, updating the site with press releases and features of PRH’s latest policy work and blogs, and ensuring PRH’s site content is up to date and accurate. They will work closely with PRH’s Voice and Communications team, collaborating with Digital Strategist to align PRH’s brand and voice across digital platforms. They will oversee the security of the site and will serve as project manager as we embark on a redesign and launch of a new website. This is a full-time, overtime exempt position. This position will be fully remote, and is open to candidates within the United States.
Director of Voice & Communications
Position Duties Include:
Web content and security:
- Develops and oversees an engagement strategy for the PRH website
- Creates long-term and short-term goals for engagement for prh.org
- Manages a content calendar to post long and short form written pieces including press releases and blogs to the site
- Updates the landing page, press-hits, and engaging content to the site regularly
- Oversees and manages prh.org’s media library
- Collaborates with the Communications Team on ways to engage our web audiences with branded content
- Manages, in partnership with the Operations Director, prh.org’s website security plan and maintains the software licenses and plugins
- Ensures compliance with company policies, procedures, and ethical standards and applicable state and federal laws and regulations including data security, privacy, and intellectual property
- Collaborates with PRH staff on programmatic and departmental priorities on prh.org
- Encourages and facilitates consistent, creative, and unified web design across the organization’s web assets
- Maintains current knowledge of best practices and emerging developments in web design, web development, and technology
Tracking and analysis:
- Provides routine updates for our Board of Directors and stakeholders regarding engagement at prh.org
- Collects and analyzes web analytics and similar data, identifies opportunities to improve search engine optimization (SEO), time on site, web traffic, and other relevant metrics
- 2-4 years with strong experience managing content and security for a public facing website
- Skilled copyeditor and proofreader
- Skillful at using WordPress for content management
- Excellent at maintaining site security and staying up to date on licensing
- Extensive knowledge in website maintenance, analytics, design, and SEO best practices
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Ability to develop, manage, and complete projects independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize competing demands and respond quickly to organizational needs
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Strong commitment to and understanding of reproductive health, rights, and justice
Compensation and Benefits:
This is a full-time, overtime exempt, position, with a salary of $70,000. PRH offers a remote working environment with a flexible 35-hour work week. Additionally, PRH offers medical (including sponsored dependent and family plans), dental and vision insurance, generous vacation, sick, and holiday policies, 401k retirement plan with company matching contributions, and parental leave benefits.
To apply, please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com. Applications are reviewed until the position is filled. Please indicate “Web Manager” in the subject line. No phone calls, please. HR will only contact successful candidates. Applications are reviewed until the position is filled.
Physicians for Reproductive Health is an equal opportunity employer, committed to attracting, developing, and retaining exceptional people. We welcome and safeguard applicants and employees from discrimination for all positions on the full spectrum of education, experience, age, race, creed, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, gender expression, ancestry, marital status, parental status, veteran status or other military status, citizenship status, genetic carrier status, genetic information, or other non-merit based factors and characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.